At the Covington Chamber, there are two things we love more than anything – supporting our community and having fun doing it! That’s why we created the Good Work Fund as part of our membership program last year. Members who give at the $1,000 sponsorship level or above have a portion of their membership dues allocated to the Good Work Fund.
Here is how the membership levels contribute to the Good Work Fund:
- $1,000 community leader level: $250 to the Good Work Fund
- $3,000 community investor level: $500 to the Good Work Fund
- $5,000 community partner level: $1,000 to the Good Work Fund
We use this money to do Good Work in our community.
- $25 for soup to help kick off The Soup-er Bowl Food Drive at The Storehouse (Feb. 8)
- $75 in gift cards from Chick-fil-A, Wendy’s and Legendary Doughnuts to be given to three families as a special treat when they pick up groceries from The Storehouse food bank.
- $150 in gift cards from The Rock and Applebee’s to be used as prizes for people who participate in the #lovethecov Heart Hunt.
We were able to support member businesses and provide treats to three Covington families with our January Good Work Fund, thanks to our Covington Chamber sponsors!
- A $125 gift card from Legendary Doughnuts went to Real Kids Learning, a Covington child care and early learning center which has stayed open throughout COVID so parents had child care, so they could work. In the last year, none of the center’s 70 children or 17 staff have contracted COVID. WAY TO GO! Thanks to Rod Meyers and his staff for keeping our kids safe. Enjoy some SWEET treats on us!
A big thank you to our high-level sponsors for making the Good Work Fund possible. This year’s contributors include:
Community Partner Sponsor Level: $5,000
City of Covington
Sponsor Level: $4,000
Schram & Associates
Community Investor Sponsor Level: $3,000
MultiCare Covington Medical Center
Tanya Neilsen, RE/MAX Northwest
Red Canoe Credit Union
UW Medicine | Valley Medical Center – Covington Clinic
Community Leader Sponsor Level: $1,000
Covington Water District
Outpatient Physical Therapy
Real Life Church
The Tamara Paul Group, RE/MAX Northwest
Team Marti, John L. Scott
Weatherly Inn Kent
Cathy Wahlin, Windermere Real Estate/PSK, Inc.
Watch the Covington Chamber’s Facebook page for updates on how we are using the Good Work Fund next! Have ideas on how to use the Good Work Fund, or want to learn how you can be a part of the program? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org – we’d love to tell you more!